[BITList] British Tars,

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Thu Jan 19 00:59:24 GMT 2017

From a correspondent…

Fanny is walking home from a frustrating evening with an impotent man when “a young sailor…seized me as a prize.” Despite her initial anger at his unwelcome kiss, she accepts his offer to join him in a tavern, and there they do the deed “with an impetuosity and eagerness, bred very likely by a long fast at sea.”

“He fell directly on board me,” Fanny says. And when he “was not going by the right door, and knocking desperately at the wrong one, I told him of it.”

‘Pooh!‘ says he, ‘my dear, any port in a storm.’”

When they came to their conclusion, he treated her with “a warm broadside.”