[BITList] Fwd: Chinese hackers 'steal' blueprints to newAustralianspy HQ - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue May 28 20:16:26 BST 2013

Mike,

They're all up to all sorts of tricks.  I'm afraid I was being pedantic in
the matter of blueprints.  In all my time in various drawing offices I
recall only once seeing a blueprint - that would be about 1953/54. By then,
it was an outmoded way of printing originals, ie, drawings on transparent
medium. It was never the drawings themselves. In Kincaids, my second spell
there, 1980 to about 1990, my last statement would have caused me to be
taken aside for re-education, moreso because I'd written the QC procedures
for the technical departments.  For the purposes of manufacture, a drawing
was defined as a paper print stamped (in red) with an official stamp
authorising its use for the contract stated thereon, by persons authorised
to do so. All else was bits of paper of no value.