[BITList] TITANIC

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 25 22:14:51 BST 2012

Well, I watched the full hour of it, ever hopeful of something happening. It was Upstairs, Downstairs at sea - the backgrounds were suitably opulent, and milords looked to be ten a penny. It is to be a series, though she was sinking fast at the end.

There was one solecism in the first 15 minutes.  "This is our designer", a well dressed chap said of another - I gathered he had "designed" the ship.  And there was a brief introduction to life at the bottom - a filthy area between two dark walls with square openings into which oily ruffians threw the odd shovelful of coal.  To what end was never revealed.

She had a captain - I saw him at his table - and a second officer on whose shoulders the entire burden of the ship seemed to rest, given he was everywhere.