[BITList] Oz expensive!

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 26 08:18:25 GMT 2012

Dave,

You mentioned interesting history in Sydney.  It figures in a wee bit of my family history, and vice versa. My great grandfather, William Henderson, went to Australia around 1890. For what reason, I have never managed to find out, but he didn't take the family with him. The family gravestone in the cemetery here says he died in Australia in 1891, but diligent research by myself here and others in Australia failed to find anything to say where and when he died.  The last recorded sight of him was in Sydney, when an acquaintance from Scotland saw him across a street. There was a parade going along the street, so the friend was unable to cross to greet him.