[BITList] Guns and tinsel: Christmas 1940

Malcolm malcena2 at uwclub.net
Fri Dec 28 13:55:58 GMT 2012

Hugh,

The Guinness Cider drink that you mention. A drink that us apprentices used
to drink when we were feeling flush. We were then about all 19 to 20 old. In
our part of the country it is called " A poor man's Black Velvet " Of course
the correct " Black Velvet " is made of Guinness & Champagne. A drink for
the Toffs in the country. I drank it regularly during my years  in Spain,
the bottle of Guinness was more expensive than the bottle of Champagne.

Malcolm.

  _____