[BITList] Guns and tinsel: Christmas 1940

Yahoo Mail Inc fredwad2 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 15:30:30 GMT 2012

Salaams,
             last year as part of his history lessons my son was taught about the second world war. Having lived with me all his life he most probably knew more about the subject than his teacher. Anyway when his teacher declared that the war ended on the 12th of May 1945 my son told her it didn't it was in the August, to which the teacher responded that that particular episode had nothing to do with France,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, how bloody true except I wonder if its mentioned in Vietnamese history books, Laotian or any other bloody part of what was French Indo China!
     BR Fred