[BITList] Guns and tinsel: Christmas 1940

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 27 14:32:41 GMT 2012

So Scotland was neutral? We live and learn at the feet of the Yanks. I wonder whose army they thought it was my father joined in 1940 to fight Japs? And wasn't it typical of the Germans to bomb us anyway, figuring our air raid shelters (built purely as a precaution, you understand) were a direct provocation.

I saw only one Christmas tree, 1939-45, and that was at a Sunday School party.  Plenty of broken shop windows, however.