[BITList] Fwd: True to life

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Fri Jan 14 17:43:36 GMT 2011

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 14 January 2011 17:10:50 GMT
Subject: True to life

A new retiree greeter at Asda, just couldn't seem to get to work on time.

Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp-minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies. One day the boss called him into the office for a talk. "Charlie, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang-up job, but your being late so often is quite annoying."

 "Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."

 "Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear. It's odd though your coming in late. I know you're retired from the Merchant Navy. What did they say if you didn't arrive on time?"

$B"'(B

$B"'(B

$B"'(B

$B"'(B

$B"'(B

 "They said, "Good morning, Captain, can I get you coffee, sir?"