[BITList] all gone-early riser

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 25 18:53:19 GMT 2011

Colin,

I was after a reason (imperfectly stated by me) why the hell we can't move for "retro" in print nowadays. Its backwards connotation irritates me, as if what we had is reckoned quaint and old-fashioned by the ill-educated 30-something goons who fashion taste nowadays - it certainly doesn't mean "in the style of". Among other things, I've still got a Sinclair Spectrum, a Pye Black Box, and a B&O Beomaster 900 radio - at what point, if at all, did they become retro?

Apart from all that .... Christmas has been quiet. I'm drinking a glass of white wine that's got warm. I might phone my sister in Tucson, Az.