[BITList] Green thing

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 4 11:03:53 BST 2011

Hugh,
While living in Taiwan we had a bit of a party to which a couple of
American family's were invited  when I asked one of wives what she would
like to drink she said that she would have a soda to which I had to
reply that I didn't have any so she settled for a orange juice, when I
brought a rum and coke for a person sat near her she looked up and asked
if she had upset me in some way I assured her that this was not the case
and queried why she would think this to which she replied that when she
had asked for a soda I had told her that I didn't have any but that I
had just served another person with a coke turned out that in my
ignorance I hadnt known that all carbonated soft drinks were know as
soda in the states, This was followed up a few days later by my children
thinking that the macaroni salad served at an American bbq was desert,
it was a long 5 years