[BITList] more n more on books

CT's x50type at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 21:38:19 BST 2010

hugh

we are not talking about reading a book on a desktop or notebook computer. in fact a computer is not necessary.
books are received in a few seconds direct and wirelessly [3G and wi-fi] from amazon. public libraries here are also loaning books out to ereaders.

there are a number of dedicated ebook readers - most are handy size.
the one I have - the Kindle 3 from amazon is about the size of a paper back book but is about 5/16" thick - it weighs 8.5 ozs.
battery last about 3 weeks and it is easily carried in ones jacket pocket. pants back pockets should be avoided.
anywhere you can read a paper back, you can read the K3.
there are many "skins" for the device - just incase one gets fed up with plain vanilla.............................

ct