[BITList] mac print

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 05:55:18 BST 2010

john

the 2 PC's you see in the photo are networked and use a common hp printer.
the view of the printer is blocked by the acer ferrari lcd monitor [with the
apple logo]
the printer you can see is only used for scanning.
when I disconnected the main pc and inserted the mac mini in the network,
the printer would not work.
I agree, all apples come with drivers for all printers.  however, when
searching for the printer, to connect to the network, and directed by the
apple expert, the drop down list showed many printers, including mine - but
it was greyed out and could not be selected. accordingly the printer would
not print from the main pc.
maybe your apple guru would have an idea why my printer was greyed out and
unselectable.