[BITList] MacUser: News: Microsoft: Apple "just works"

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Jun 30 04:37:00 BST 2010

G'day Colin,

On 30/06/2010, at 1:17 PM, CT's wrote:

> there was also a problem with it for printing - it wouldn't find the network printer.

I have run two HPs both still running. C8180 all-in-one, and the latest a C309 all-in-one +Fax.

All Apples come with drivers for 'all' printers.

<< I consulted apple but they were not much help. the problem was that there appeared to be no print driver for the common hp deskjet I use.
me and apple chatted together on 2 or 3 occasions looking for a driver but my model was greyed out in the list and could not be selected!
they didn't know why and said they didn't support printers anyway. HP hadn't a clue either. each blamed the other! >.

If you had asked me I would have found out for you. Our Apple guru is a friend of mine, we have lunch every Saturday together, and have done for the last 10 years. He is an "Apple Ambassador" - there's not much he cannot fix.