[BITList] MacUser: News: Microsoft: Apple "just works"

CT's x50type at cox.net
Wed Jun 30 04:17:23 BST 2010

john

I realise now that the mac mini was not up to the job [for FSX] - but it
appeared [if I remember rightly], that the video and specs were vg.
I run 2 desktops all the time, one in front of me and one behind, so
physically I didn't have extra space for the mac mini.
actually, I really liked it and the wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. if
I had room for it I would have kept it, but there was another more serious
problem than fsx.
there was also a problem with it for printing - it wouldn't find the network
printer.
I consulted apple but they were not much help. the problem was that there
appeared to be no print driver for the common hp deskjet I use.
me and apple chatted together on 2 or 3 occasions looking for a driver but
my model was greyed out in the list and could not be selected!
they didn't know why and said they didn't support printers anyway. HP hadn't
a clue either. each blamed the other!