[BITList] BBC News - Royal Mail set to delete counties fromaddresses

Michael Feltham mail at mjfeltham.plus.com
Sat Jul 31 12:04:42 BST 2010

Hugh,

I don't know if you have tried the Royal Mail Post Code finder, I seem to have more failures than success !  The last few months I have organised a Family Reunion for my wive's family.  Most of her relatives live in N. Wales, they were farmers or living in farm houses.  All their houses have names but there are no road or street names in the country.  The Postman must have a fantastic memory !  The inhabitants know their own post code but no one else does.  Despite this it was a great success with 84 adults and 10 children !

Mike