[BITList] BBC News - Royal Mail set to delete counties fromaddresses

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 31 11:00:36 BST 2010

Mike,

This news won't affect us all that much. Our area - Greenock, Port Glasgow, Gourock, Kilmacolm and couple of others - was removed from Renfrewshire and called Inverclyde some years back.  I've never had a letter addressed to Inverclyde.  Our postcode starts with PA, which stands for Paisley, which is in Renftewshire.  Paisley was the county town, and for all I know still is. We used to have to trek up there to renew driving documents.