[BITList] Solution to Dingo problem.

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Jul 27 13:14:32 BST 2010

Solution to Dingo problem ........'the beds are burning Peter Garrett, go fetch some water!!

Another fine mess you got us in Peter Garrett!

DINGO

DRONGO
The Australian Government and the NSW

Forestry Service were presenting an alternative to

NSW sheep farmers for controlling the dingo population.

It seems that after years of the sheep farmers using the

tried and  true methods of shooting and/or trapping the

 predators, the Labour Government

(Peter Garrett - Environmental Minister), the

NSW Forestry Service and the Greens tree-huggers

had a 'more humane' solution.

What they proposed was for the animals to be captured

alive, the males would then be castrated and let loose

again. Therefore the population would be controlled.

This was ACTUALLY proposed to the

NSW Sheep farmers Association and Farming Association

by the Federal Government and the NSW Forestry Service.

All of the sheep farmers thought about this amazing idea

 for a couple of minutes.

Finally, one of the old boys in the

 back of the conference room stood up, tipped his hat back

and said, ‘Mr Garrett, son, I don't think you understand our

problem. Those dingo’s ain't f***in' our sheep - they're eatin' 'em.'

You should have been there to hear the roar of laughter as

Mr  Peter Garrett and the members of the

NSW Forestry Service , the  Greens and the other

 "tree huggers" left the meeting very  "sheepishly".