[BITList] hooligans

CT's x50type at cox.net
Mon Apr 19 04:05:58 BST 2010

I understand, john
I was on chupra - 2 cadets from another BI ship visited and beat the hell
out or our deck cadet - reason unknown.  appeared to me that all our deck
officers were unconcerned - including the mate, auntie maude! the lad was
flown home and rightfully left, don't know what happened to the 2 bully
boys. I think auntie maude got a slap on the wrist - maybe more. the old man
would drunk and out of it.
you might have been a little better on one of the cadet ships; I was 3eo and
2eo for quite some time on them - nothing untowards happened, but I believe
the cadets had their little secret initiations [as cliques are wont to do].
I was on good terms with the mate, the cio and the bosun and they appeared
to treat the cadets quite well. however an acquaintance of mine was accepted
by brittania royal naval college from school and somehow fell foul of one of
the instructors and possibly senior cadets - they made his life miserable
and he left.
been reading your early days - I too had relatives in hull, I remember they
had a fucking annoying parrot; I too loved the trolley buses. I was in hull
about 10 years ago, all the old fish docks had been torn out for a shopping
mall place! the old trinity house school appeared to be still in business. I
used to live between hull and york in pocklington [sounds a funny name when
I say it?]
thanks