[BITList] Fwd: Writing Task Gems

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:25:25 BST 2009

I can vouch for these ones.

ooroo

Hi guys,

As most of you know I have recently been down to Brisbane to mark the
Grade 12 QCS writing task. Here are some of my favourite quotes from
students’ work that I’d like to share:

‘Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon and he will never be
forgotten.’

‘Mark and Bob, two young scientists, tried to figure out why. So they
ran testes on it.’

‘But why is it some people are so uptight about punctuation? There’s
no excitement when you arrive on time.’

‘Due to this, religions became more complex and harder to understand
and so a new answer emerged. It was called the big band theory and
evolution.’

‘George was like all the other human beings in the world; different to
everyone else.’

‘So when I’m a broad, I travel.’

‘Growing up is very realistic and time consuming.’

The counting of seconds. “one.....Mr Sippy......two......Mr Sippy.”

‘He arrived on a small plane accompanied by no one but himself.’

‘I was a fluorescent adolescent, struck down by reality.’

‘The ancient Romans invented the sundial to see how much progress they
were making when building the pyramids.’

‘the simple ignoration of the fact that our future is in
danger.’ (I’ll say it is.)

‘One would go home with a smile on his face, while the other would
leave glumply with nothing to show for his efforts.’

‘”Miss Alice Winchester,”, he voices in sarcastic astonishment.’

‘Marriage can provide us with a constant substitute to drugs.’

‘My wife died at birth.....our time together felt so short.’

‘The arousal level was high, which is good for fishing.’

‘There has been debate on whether schooling is the most efficient
method of utilising people’s youth.’

‘In the famous words of King Arthur, “I have a dream.”’

Of course, although we laugh, the stark reality is that these students
will be looking after us when we’re old. AAGH!!