[BITList] Moishe Plotnik's Laundry.

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 06:48:39 BST 2009

HAVE A GOOD CLEAN LAUGH....... ......... ........

Moishe Plotnik's Laundry
(a true story)

Walking through San Francisco 's Chinatown, a tourist  from the
Midwest was enjoying the artistry of all the  Chinese restaurants,
shops, signs and banners..... .

When he turned a corner and saw a building with the sign'Moishe
Plotnik's Laundry.'

'Moishe Plotnik?' he wondered. 'How does that belong in Chinatown ?'

He walked into the shop and saw a fairly standard looking drycleaner,
althoughhe could see that the proprietors were clearly aware of the
uniqueness of the store name as there were baseball hats, T-shirts and
coffee mugs emblazoned with the logo'Moishe Plotnik's Chinese
Laundry.'  The tourist selected a coffee cup as a conversation piece
to take back to his office. Behind the counter was a smiling old
Chinese gentleman who thanked him for his purchase.

The tourist asked, 'Can you explain how this place got a name like
'Moishe Plotnik's Laundry?''

The old man answered, 'Ah..Evleebody ask me dat. It name of owner.'

Looking around, the tourist asked, 'Is he here now?'

'It me, Me him!' replied the old man.

'Really? You're Chinese. How did you ever get a Jewish name like
Moishe Plotnik?'
'
It simple' said the old man. 'Many, many year
  ago I come to thes country. I standing in line at ' Documentation
Center of Immiglation.'
Man in front of me was Jewish man from Poland .'

'Lady at counter look at him and say to him, 'What your name?'

He say to her, 'Moishe Plotnik.'

Then she look at me and say, 'What your name?'

I say,'Sam Ting.'

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.