[BITList] What's in your garden shed

David Harvey bison at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 25 02:39:25 GMT 2009

When they were invented I think they were called aeroplanes and they landed and took off from aerodromes. By your definition an airfield is a field that flies around, perhaps a flying field?

My dad called them aeroplanes, my grandfather (b. 1880) called them aeroplanes before there was a RAF, so I call them by their proper, and original, name, aeroplane. See!

So now you want to change the word from ship to seacraft? and how can an aeroplane flying through the atmospere of a planet where that planet may have an atmosphere of carbondioxide. Then it would be a carbondioxodecraft, but more simply an aeroplane.

Of course being able to fly an aeroplane is a craft, a craft which I would like to have, but, then I am but a simple sailor.

Cheers

Dave