[BITList] Fwd: [INDIA-BRITISH-RAJ] Simply fabulous ...

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 07:26:15 GMT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 24 February 2009 4:58:49 PM
To: <india-british-raj at rootsweb.com>
Subject: [INDIA-BRITISH-RAJ] Simply fabulous ...

More nostalgia: some images of vintage cars of British India

** I was recently gifted many priceless old photographs dating
as far back as the 1900s, and amongst them were these
absolutely superb ones featuring cars. Most of them were given
to me by a wonderful lady who recently passed away. Her uncle
owned the famous Dadajee Dhackjee & Co LTD, one of the bigger
car dealers in Bombay. They used the best of cars throughout
their lives, and travelled all over the world back in the day, as
is evident from some of the pictures. I wonder where the first
one was shot in the 20s. **

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/37468-nostalgic-pictures-our-family-s-cars.html

Don't forget to trawl through all 21 of the rest of the pages.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.