[BITList] Namasté

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 10:50:20 GMT 2009

The gesture 'Namaste' represents the belief that there is a Divine
spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The
gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in
another. "Nama" means bow, "as" means I, and "té" means you.
Therefore, Namaste literally means "Bow I (to) you".
To perform Namaste, we place the hands together at the heart charka,
close the eyes, and bow the head. It can also be done by placing the
hands together in front of the third eye, bowing the head, and then
bringing the hands down to the heart. This is an especially deep form
of respect. Although in the West the word "Namaste" is usually spoken
in conjunction with the gesture, in India, it is understood that the
gesture itself signifies Namaste, and therefore, it is unnecessary to
say the word while bowing.

We bring the hands together at the heart chakra to increase the flow
of Divine love. Bowing the head and closing the eyes helps the mind
surrender to the Divine in the heart. One can do Namaste to oneself as
a meditation technique to go deeper inside the heart chakra; when done
with someone else, it is also a beautiful, albeit quick, meditation.

I also feel that it is one good way to avoid hand contact, and save
from germs getting transferred from one hand to another!!

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.