[BITList] Fwd: [INDIA-BRITISH-RAJ] A corner of the former empire will be forever deep-fried in batter

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:49:03 BST 2009

Begin forwarded message:

Pamela Timms says:

*** I've been on an eccentric quest to track down Scottish
recipes left behind in India after independence ever since.
It's a journey that has taken me from the smoked trout of
Himachal Pradesh, in the north, to "mince and tatties" -
I kid you not - in Karnataka, in the south. And as a long
-distance member of the Greggs appreciation society, I've
even discovered I need never want for a steak pie again. ***

(snipped from Times Online, April 12, 2009)

Do you fancy a Scottish tonight? A corner of the former
empire will be forever deep-fried in batter.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.