[BITList] Fwd: [BIship] P & O Aurora

Michael Feltham mj.feltham at madasafish.com
Tue Apr 14 10:50:12 BST 2009

 From the other list

Mike

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Roger Northcote" >
Date: 14 April 2009 10:42:24 BST
To: BIship at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BIship] P & O Aurora

I see this Liner is in the news today re passengers suing the Company
due to a "botched" up itinerary caused by Engine troubles. You never
seemed to have that trouble years ago with the old P & O's "Straths"
with their reliable and "empire route" tested Vickers & Armstrong
built engines not forgetting our B.I Barclay & Curle built units  on
"Uganda", "Kenya" & "Nevasa". Was the "Aurora" fitted with those giant
"outboard motor" style pods which have caused trouble before?

Litigation also seems to be  common on today's Cruising
scene :probably "professional" litigators travel on cruises just
hoping for trouble. Where has the "grin & bear it" stoicism idelled in
our National psyche gone!!!!!
Salaams
Roger