[BITList] Matters arising

HUGH MCINTYRE chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 8 10:01:29 BST 2008

Looking through the list of e-mail addresses belonging to current (unnamed) members of BITList, I note a Frank. I lost track of the Franks on the other site - I was never sure if it was the same one (Frank Mackay who has a stash of whisky in Campbeltown) in disguise, or a different one (or two).  And a Pete - there were/are a number of Peters, and I've no idea where they keep their stashes.  Also, Rab Collington has made a welcome reappearance - I'd know that e-mail address anywhere.  Will you be at the lunch on the 18th, Rab?

For some years after I left the MN I had dreams now and then that I was back at sea. Sometimes I was there willingly, and sometimes I was there not knowing why, ill-equipped and wanting off.  Only once was the engine room (the ER was often the only bit of the ship to figure in a dream) a proper ER.  This was, so the dream insisted, on a Norwegian ship.  The ER had blindingly while paintwork, even in the bilges, which was where the dream was set.  The downpipe from the strum box in the dream (direct bilge) had a length of scrap and dirty wood tied onto it with rope.  What Freud wouild make of it I can't say.  This arises because I had another MN dream last night. Though it left a pleasant feeling, I can't recall a detail.

My turn in the shower.

Regards,