[BITList] Frozen food

Bill and Diana billanddiana at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 22 08:45:17 BST 2008

Hi Hugh,

You need to be careful about eating only local food, we down under might
just stop buying your Dundee Shortbread and best First Malt.

It's all about trade, I don't think we have a manufacturing industry
anymore.  Everything from bottle openers to warships are imported.  My
wardrobe is filled with clothes from China.  We even import woollen
carpets from New Zealand.

Just to keep the stuff on the shelves all year round, we import fruit
and vegetables from California at times.  We spend more on importing
tinned fish than we make exporting crayfish, prawns and abalone.  It's
an odd world.

Salaams

Bill Ross - Downunder.