[BITList] Frozen food

HUGH MCINTYRE chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 21 19:50:49 BST 2008

Tuesday night,

Before sticking a piece of frozen cod in the oven this evening, something on the package caught my eye : Produced and packaged in China.  Thus armed, I did a tour of the freezer. I found chicken drumsticks from Brazil, and ready cooked chicken breast (sliced) from Thailand.  We are not great ones for chicken, so the cats gets the chicken, but why bloody China, Brazil and Thailand, and all the links in the chains?  The closest I could find to the UK was something produced and packaged in the EU.  I should forestall discussion on a cat getting chicken by saying she was brought up by our daughter, and we had to continue the diet. These items were bought from a well known frozen food chain who used to make a great noise about their ethical polices - Iceland.