[BITList] guitar romance

realm33 at msn.com realm33 at msn.com
Wed Oct 15 14:54:52 BST 2008

hugh

no, didn't do tablature - spent weeks teaching myself to read music n play it on my instrument, obviously I am not very good...............................

your son an excellent guitarist - why didn't he start reading music?

I have spent hours studying the music and then finding the notes on my guitar.

talking of instruments, mine needs new strings - renato recommended D'Addario Pro Arte EJ46-hard tension silverplated wound clear nylon. they are about $8 here. the instrument renato belluci made for me has padauk wood back and sides, master grade cedar front, ebony fingerboard, parini machine heads and onboard equilizer/tuner. more than I need.

the "Romance" I am talking about can be the simplest piece to play on the classical guitar. I say - can be, it all depends how good you are and how you want to show your guitar virtuosity, apparently it is not known who wrote it. I don't think it is the piece you are talking about - Jeux Interadit. however, it may be. I attach the music from renato's website for Romance - he might well have transcribed it for learners. have a look and let me know if it is the same. I understand it is commonly known as 1,1, 2,2, 1 for the repeats. I have the cd of the incredible young chinese girl  Xue Fei Yang called Romance de Amor (should be D'amor?), this is available on EMI as a cd dvd set. this cd/dvd combo is a must buy.

the second cd track is the Romance I try to play. the actual track is attached for your listening pleasure. youtube has a number of vids showing xue fei yang playing when she was a young school girl, I have never seen anyone literally take charge of the classical guitar and make it do the impossible - and at that time she was a young kid - what genius. she also has a fascinating web site.-
I also attach a page of baden powell's brazilian portrait, an absolutely gorgeous piece - beyond my ability however.

moonlight in vermont - 6 fret stretch - way too much for me............

there is no one around here to give lessons - I have to do it myself.

rgds

colin t