[BITList] guitar romance, etc

HUGH MCINTYRE chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 15 17:12:35 BST 2008

Colin,

That's the one. It was used as theme music in a French film - Jeux Interdit (Forbidden Games) - hence the tendency for some to call it that.  As you say, written by Anon.  The .wma file you sent is a lovely rendition, obviously a superior instrument - that makes a vast difference. I think I can manage the Brazilian Holiday piece, I'll let you know if I do.

In one of his e-mails, Tom Gardiner referred to the non-industrial setting of a place he'd worked in - fields, etc. The Odense yard I was in from 1965-67 was in such a setting. Once we had to close the windows when the "reaping" machine went past - the corn grew right up to the wall of the office. To get to work, I stepped over a low fence from our back garden onto a farm road, turned left and walked 200 yards, crossed a road then entered a wood, Hedevigslund, and the yard was across the road from the wood at the bottom end after a 1/4 mile walk.  The attached, if it's not too big, shows the scene I saw every morning on the way down.