[BITList] port glasgow - Google Earth Placemark

realm33 at msn.com realm33 at msn.com
Mon Oct 13 02:33:44 BST 2008

hugh

you wrote, "And what's this Glasgow business? I'm in Port Glasgow, what's left of it, 22 miles down river.  Glasgow gave us independence in 1833 once the river got deep enough for vessels to go right up to the Broomielaw or thereabouts instead of having to offload here.  In other words, we had outlived our usefulness."

apologies, I must confess I was ignorant of the lay of the land around the clyde. having carefully studied the attached google earth image, I am now aux fait with the topography.

obviously I haven't been in the area - but it must be awfully pretty.

rgds

colin t