[BITList] down, down, down

HUGH MCINTYRE chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 12 21:01:06 BST 2008

Colin,

I see you have a sensible definition of the staples of life.  I'll need to get back to you on the price of whisky and gin.  It's a year since I bought ordinary whisky, or gin of any kind.  Last I looked at a petrol station the commodity was damn near 2GBP a litre.

And what's this Glasgow business? I'm in Port Glasgow, what's left of it, 22 miles down river.  Glasgow gave us independence in 1833 once the river got deep enough for vessels to go right up to the Broomielaw or thereabouts instead of having to offload here.  In other words, we had outlived our usefulness.

It's 9.00pm and Janet tells me something decent is starting on TV.  This I must see.

Regards,