[BITList] What's ahead for HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH ?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 5 10:33:19 GMT 2018

Mike,

Complex vessels, even those with wee leaks from the stern tube, need extensive sea trials with lots of snagging. When the rig support vessel Iolair was completed in the 80s here, I attended the first of her two sets of trials. The first trials, on the Clyde estuary, lasted 30 days, afloat all the time, and were done on a 24 hour basis, but we got time off for sleeping. I wrote the test procedures, and every  section/component of every system/circuit was tested. I didn't attend her second trials on the North Sea. I look forward to reading about the faulty spronnicles on HMS Queen Elizabeth.