[BITList] Malcolm – Don’t give Adani $1 billion to wreck our reef!

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Sun Dec 4 12:04:31 GMT 2016

Australian Conservation Foundation

*/BREAKING: we've just learned that $1 billion in public funding could
be used to prop up Adani's giant polluting coal mine!/*

Frank

It looks like PM Malcolm Turnbull is preparing to give multinational
mining company Adani $1 billion of public money to fund a coal-carting
railway line from the Galilee Basin to the Great Barrier Reef coast.

Media reports say the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF)
funds are earmarked for the project.

During the election, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said – on camera –
that there would be no public funding for Adani's mine.

We are holding him to that promise. We don’t want this mega-polluting
coal mine.

*There are two ways to tell Malcolm Turnbull, “Don’t give Adani $1
billion to wreck our reef!”*

    SIGN A QUICK PETITION
    <https://www.acf.org.au/billions?e=026b49c3e8ab53e998dfb2e3d8752f42&utm_source=auscon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1612_turnbullad&n=1>

    FOR MORE IMPACT - WRITE A UNIQUE LETTER
    <https://www.acf.org.au/email_turnbull_adani_funding?e=026b49c3e8ab53e998dfb2e3d8752f42&utm_source=auscon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1612_turnbullad&n=2>

<https://www.acf.org.au/billions?e=026b49c3e8ab53e998dfb2e3d8752f42&utm_source=auscon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1612_turnbullad&n=3>
Billionaire polluter Gautam Adani is coming to town next week to meet
with the PM and the Queensland Premier to push ahead with Adani’s giant
polluting coal mine.

When Mr Adani puts on the hard word, we need Malcolm Turnbull to know –
*we won't accept giving a billion dollars of public funding to a
billionaire's company creating billions of tonnes of pollution.*

You have already done so much to stop this mine. The ACF community has
called and emailed your MPs, Senators and Federal Ministers. You’re
funding our court case challenging approval of the mine. You turned out
at /Shine a Light for the Reef/ actions. You are a force of community
power that will never give up.

Mr Adani has a mining licence, but he will never have a social licence.

Together, let's call for our public money to be invested in clean energy
for the common good, not in wrecking the Great Barrier Reef.

We’ll add up signature numbers with the many others collected by our
friends and allies across the movement for a united impact.

*Sign the petition calling on Malcolm Turnbull to put Adani's requests
for publicly-funded subsidies in the bin.*
<https://www.acf.org.au/billions?e=026b49c3e8ab53e998dfb2e3d8752f42&utm_source=auscon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1612_turnbullad&n=4>

*For more impact, write to the Prime Minister in your own words and our
web page will send it straight to him.
<https://www.acf.org.au/email_turnbull_adani_funding?e=026b49c3e8ab53e998dfb2e3d8752f42&utm_source=auscon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1612_turnbullad&n=5>*

/Kelly/

Kelly O’Shanassy
Chief Executive Officer

P.S. In *Melbourne*
<https://www.acf.org.au/adani_rally_melbourne?e=026b49c3e8ab53e998dfb2e3d8752f42&utm_source=auscon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1612_turnbullad&n=6>
and *Townsville*
<https://www.acf.org.au/adani_rally_townsville?e=026b49c3e8ab53e998dfb2e3d8752f42&utm_source=auscon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1612_turnbullad&n=7>
we’re holding snap rallies outside the meetings. And we’re calling on
thousands of people to come together to send a message to Mr Adani on
behalf of millions of Australians.

anytime. The ACF community speaks out for a healthy environment,
Australia's special places, climate action and for lasting social and
economic change.
You can donate
<https://www.acf.org.au/donate?e=026b49c3e8ab53e998dfb2e3d8752f42&utm_source=auscon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1612_turnbullad&n=10>
or become a member for just $10