[BITList] Why we have Unions in Australia

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Fri Aug 26 04:24:41 BST 2016

Over 11 weeks ago the 55 maintenance workers that keep the CUB plant at Abbottsford running were sacked on the spot and then offered their jobs back - on 65% less pay.

These workers helped SAB Miller – the multinational owner of CUB – post a $4.4 billion profit last year. Despite these huge profits they pay no tax in Australia!

I won’t be drinking any of their products,,,

Carlton Draught, Carlton Dry, VB, Crown Lager and Pure Blonde, as well as Mercury and Strongbow ciders.

I don’t drink a lot of this beer but if other people take up the challenge to the Australian way of life, the shareholders won’t be getting any money either.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace-relations/staff-picket-cub-factory-as-sackings-stall-production-20160712-gq3zsx.html <http://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace-relations/staff-picket-cub-factory-as-sackings-stall-production-20160712-gq3zsx.html>