[BITList] King of Scots

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Fri Apr 8 13:30:56 BST 2016

G’day  Hugh,

On 8 Apr 2016, at 7:54 PM, HUGH <chakdara at btinternet.com> wrote:

<< With a group, we had a most interesting visit the other day to Ardgowan House, a stunning mansion near Inverkip a few miles from here.  The laird himself, Sir Ludovic Shaw Stewart, gave us a series of talks on the history of the place, the battles, and the descent of his family, from the very Stewarts in the biography.  And he conducted us round the place - or some of it - it's enormous.  We adjourned for tea and a lovely spread, including lemon drizzle cake made by the laird himself.  We were free to take photos and a great time was had by all.  I happened to mention to him that my wife and I have five separate Stewart lines in our family history, and we discussed a recent discovery that arose from DNA analyisis - one (two?) in every five Scottish men with Stewart ancestry are descended from the ancient Royal Stewarts.  I asked him what a DNA test costs now.  "Two hundred and fifty pounds, " he said. "Too dear for me.”  >>

As they say in Yorkshire - I think he saw you coming!   :-)

Let your fingers do the walking….

https://www.scotlandsdna.com/products <https://www.scotlandsdna.com/products>