[BITList] Barry, the Aussie builder

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 8 12:41:58 BST 2015

Barry, the Aussie builder, was going through a house he had just built,
with the woman who owned it.

She was telling him what colours to paint each room. They went into the
first room and she said, "This room to be a light blue."

The builder went to the front door and yelled out "Green side up!" As he
went back she said the next room was to be red.

The builder again went to the front door and called out "Green side up!"
Once back with her, she said "This one to be tan."

And again he went to the front door and yelled "Green side up!" The
lady, very curious,

said "I keep telling you different colours but, you always yell "Green
side up",

"What do you say that for?"

"Oh, don't you worry about that," said the builder, "I've got a couple
of Kiwis laying turf out front."