[BITList] The woman who lost £35,000 to 'evil' phone scammers - BBC News

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 30 11:53:34 GMT 2015

Mike,

My bank has never phoned me, not once, so any call purporting to have come from them would require me to go down the hill at the first convenient opportunity and ask them if they did on that occasion. I treat all unsolicited calls in the same way.  Who are you? Why are you phoning me.  No, that's not my name, and that is not my address, so stop repeating it. This is a waste of my time, so eff off (if I'm in a good mood).  My wife puts the phone down straight away, sometimes followed by an irate call from a family member who took too long to speak.