[BITList] Story of my gun

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon May 18 20:27:44 BST 2015

John,

All this shows is that nobody stole his gun and ammunition - this cannot be
extrapolated to conclusions about responsibility for the death rate from
shootings.  Any fool knows that a gun on a shelf is just a piece of metal -
surprise, surprise, it cannot shoot. There has never been a case in which a
gun decided just to shoot someone, but plenty in which someone decided to
shoot a gun - at someone else.  In the latter case the additional factor is
someone pulling the trigger. I rest my case.