[BITList] Story of my gun

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon May 18 08:29:59 BST 2015

From a correspondent …

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06 rifle in the doorway, right in full view and access to anyone. I also left 6 cartridges beside it and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, numerous people would have walked past and quite a lot of cars would have stopped at the stop sign near the front of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still leaning there, right where I had left it.It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented with to do so ... In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the do-gooders and the Media about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people .... so I've come to the conclusion that either the do-gooders and the media are wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world. :-[

Now I'm off to check on my spoons ...  I hear they're making people fat. :-)