[BITList] How we supplied petrol and oils to our troops

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Jun 3 01:47:30 BST 2015

G'day Folks,

A 4 minute video that is quite interesting.

How the Allies supplied oil and petrol to the troops in Europe in WW II

The rest of the story….

Okay, all you history buffs.  How did all the tanks and vehicles get their oil and petrol in WW II as they dashed across Europe?

The following video is a brief history of how that was accomplished.

In spite of watching films about WW II and the European theatre, I had never known the logistics of how all the military vehicles were supplied with fuel.  They sure couldn't just stop at the corner station and fill up with oil and petrol. I found this film fascinating.

What a fantastically complex engineering and operational feat it was, and how remarkable the skill and effort exhibited by
the young men of the early forties who planned and made the landing successful.  These are the unsung heroes.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Nv9lBqPVuoE <http://www.youtube.com/v/Nv9lBqPVuoE&feature=uploademail>