[BITList] Unknown naval base WWII

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Apr 21 07:57:56 BST 2015

  Life in the South Pacific on a huge staging area for the invasion of Okinawa.  This is off a 4-page thread, pretty neat photos.

These pictures are AMAZING.  If you keep scrolling you will see a big set of pictures ashore on the Islands .  BTW, Ulithi was not really a secret base, although we did a pretty good job of keeping it "secret" to our homeland folks.  The Japanese were well aware of it, and attacked it when they could get away with it (Kamikaze and submarine attacks).

Unbelievable what they accomplished!

F.O.B. ULITHI ATOLL: SOUTH PACIFIC WWII 70 years ago…pretty impressive.

THIS IS A LONG SERIES OF PHOTOS, BUT VERY GOOD AND HISTORIC -- KEEP SCROLLING AND ENJOY

US Naval Armada Deployed for Invasion: May need to Keep this for posterity. There will never be another such assemblage of naval ships again. Staging area for the invasion of Japan . Check out the carriers on "Murderer's Row."

http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52966 <http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52966>