[BITList] Did YOU VOTE?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri May 23 12:51:00 BST 2014

JOhn,

I voted, as did my wife, though she won't say how she voted.  Pictures of empty benches and apparent indolence show only that the photographer(s) ignored all else in search of propaganda.  The same could be gleaned, by anyone with the time to spare, from the Scottish and Westminster Parliaments - and prove as little.

When I was an apprentice in Kincaids, photographs taken of the shops between 10.00pm and 7.00am might have convinced those already inclined to think such things that the workforce, they who had turned up, were lazy shiftless buggers, and it's all the fault of the unions.  That was the night shift.