[BITList] Fwd: 'The grim truth behind the Scandinavian miracle' - the nations respond | World news | The Guardian

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 6 13:47:56 GMT 2014

Mike,

I don't know a Dane who pays 68% of their income in tax. When I lived in
Denmark - and I wish I was back there - I paid the income tax asked of me,
and it wasn't extortionate, and I got a bloody good standard of life in
return.  The tax was on a sliding scale, and my place on it was determined
by the figures on my tax return, setting money out against money in.  The
scale went from negative (they paid you), up to the kind of figure the rich
should always be taxed at.