[BITList] SpeccyJam – and the everlasting appeal of the ZX Spectrum

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Fri Aug 29 04:30:56 BST 2014

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/28/speccyjam-zx-spectrum-sinclair <http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/28/speccyjam-zx-spectrum-sinclair>

SpeccyJam – and the everlasting appeal of the ZX Spectrum

My first computer. But I had the more upmarket version with 48 Kb of RAM!  Wow!

I still have it.

I married it to a HP keyboard back in 1983.

I still recall the first review that I read about it. The reviewer wrote that using the rubber keyboard felt like pressing the skin of a dead man!

The world had 'floppy disks' while the Sinclair had 'stringy floppies’!  :-)