[BITList] Bob Hope in Heaven

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 18 09:16:57 BST 2013

This man gives us a lesson in humility, acceptance and fun in life.

Learn from him.

I had forgotten that he had lived to be 100 and also didn't realize it
has been 10 years since he died.

Always enjoyed him, his movies, and his shows. Touched a lot of lives
during his life.

Thought you might enjoy going down memory lane, so sent it along to you.

Enjoy and recall a neat comedian.

   Bob Hope in Heaven

*BOB HOPE IN HEAVEN**
For those of you too young to remember Bob Hope, ask your Grandparents**.*

*And thanks for the memories. WHAT A WONDERFUL E-MAIL.*

*21714FDEADA94D55A713DD1039BCECC6 at xp1ff4d9770a71**
**
I HOPE THIS WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART.*

*Tribute to a man who DID make a difference.
**
**4488A0D2F03144D9B49B19307EEC4E0F at xp1ff4d9770a71**
**
**
ON TURNING 70**
'I still chase women, but only Downhill.**
**
ON TURNING 80**
'That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs
pressing.'**
**
ON TURNING 90**
'You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.'**
**
ON TURNING 100**
'I don't feel old. In fact**,****I don't feel**Anything until noon. Then
it's time for my nap.'**
**
ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER, BOXING**
'I ruined my hands in the ring. The referee kept stepping on them.'**
**
ON NEVER WINNING AN OSCAR**
'Welcome to the Academy Awards or, as it's called at my home, 'Passover'.**
**
ON GOLF**
'Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees.'**
**
ON PRESIDENTS**
'I have performed for 12 presidents and entertained only six.'**
**
ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER**
'When I was born, the doctor said to my mother**: "*Congratulations, you
have an eight pound ham".

*
ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL**
'I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to
fight it.'**
**
ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY POVERTY**
'Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on
another brother.'**
**
ON HIS SIX BROTHERS**
'That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom.'**
**
ON HIS EARLY FAILURES**
'I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn't for the stuff
**the audience threw at me.'**
**
ON GOING TO HEAVEN**
'I've done benefits for ALL religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on
a technicality.'*

D128AA4FFBE34C7DB52BDFD9381A1DFD at xp1ff4d9770a71

*
Give me a sense of humor;*

*Lord, give me the grace to see a joke,*

*To get some hum out of life,*