[BITList] Fw: Calcutta Coaling Lassies

John Davison davison.g at xtra.co.nz
Thu Sep 5 02:30:32 BST 2013

 IF I AM NOT WRONG , I KNOW THE NAME OF THE GUY . AND AGAIN IF NOT WRONG HE HAD BEEN TORPEDOED IN MALACCA STRAITS AND SPENT A COUPLE OF YEARS IN A JAP POW IN SUMATRA !!!!!!!!

GUESS THINGS COULD BE A LITTLE DESPARATE ? WONDER IF THE LADY CHEWED BEETLE NUT !!

I TOO WAS A 2/O ON GARBETA , SHE LOADED A FUL CARGO OF COAL FROM CALCUTTA AND TOOK 6 WEEKS TO DISCHARGE IN COLOMBO .

GARBETAS NICK NAME WAS GARBAGE CAN ? GUESS DUE TO ALL THE SHIT RUNS SHE DID !! BUT WAS TOLD SHE WAS AN ECONOMIICAL SHIP , 12000 DWT 12 KNOTS , 12 TONS FO CONSUMPTION ? BI HAD HER AIR CON CONVERSION , IT DI NOT WORK WELL , BUT MAYBE IT WAS DONE TO ALLEVIATE THE LOUSY RUNS ??

DO YOU RECALL THE BI DRINKING SONG " AS I LAY DYING IN A CHITTAGONG HUT RIDDLED WITH POX FROM A CALCUTTA SLUT , WHAT HAVE I GOT FROM THIS LIFETIME OF TOIL BUT A EFFING GREAT WINE BILL AND SIX FEET OF SOIL , THE BI FOR ME THE BI FOR ME ETC !!

HALYCON DAYS RON .

SALAAMS

JOHN