[BITList] Completely Corked

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 23 16:53:01 BST 2013

Vive La France
cid:1.818414298 at web124702.mail.ne1.yahoo.com

    The English guy lives near Le Bugue in the Dordogne and at the time
    he was stopped he was intoxicated.

    The gendarme signals to him to wind down the window then asks him if
    he has been drinking, and with a slurring speech the English guy
    replies; 'Yes, this morning I was at my (hic)..daughter's wedding,
    and as I don't like church much I went to the cafe opposite and had
    several beers.'

    'Then during the wedding banquet I seem to remember downing three
    great bottles of wine; (hic)... a corbieres, a Minervois and
    (hic)...a Faugeres.'

    'Then to finish off during the celebrations.... and (hic) during the
    evening ....me and my mate downed a bottle of Johnny Walker's black
    label.'

    Getting impatient the gendarme warns him; 'Do you understand I'm a
    policeman and have stopped you for an alcohol test'?

    The Englishman with a grin on his face replies; 'Do you understand
    that I'm English, like my car, and that my wife is sitting in the
    other seat, at the wheel?'