[BITList] more crazy Americans

x50type x50type at cox.net
Wed Oct 2 01:04:54 BST 2013

I can understand if you are sick of me saying how crazy Americans are, but a government shut down by a few radical tea party republicans takes the cake.
The tea party loonies are financed by the racist billionaire Koch brothers and others, who have vowed to stop Obama at any cost and stop health care for the 25 – 40 million without it.
It will be interesting to see how all this plays out – will US politicians come to their senses or will selfish greed triumph?
Is this a house of cards that will come tumbling down?

ct

Subject: Forward this: 9 things you need to know about the government shutdown

      Friend --

      The first thing everyone needs to know about the government shutdown is that it didn't have to happen.

      But an extreme group of House Republicans refused to pass a real budget -- one of their most basic duties as members of Congress. So here we are.

      A lot of people are wondering what this means for their families and communities -- they're seeing the headlines and hearing all the back and forth. That's why we wanted to share this great list The Washington Post put together of the way the shutdown is hurting real people.

      Read the top nine ways the shutdown affects millions of people -- then forward and share this email to anyone you know who needs to see it.

      The Top Nine Ways a Government Shutdown Affects Real Americans

           1. 800,000 federal employees will go without pay -- and it's unclear if they'll receive back pay for time missed.

           2. 3.6 million veterans may not receive benefits if the shutdown lasts over two weeks.

           3. The Centers for Disease Control will have to stop its flu prevention program, just as flu season begins.

           4. Food safety inspections will scale back their work, exposing millions to risk.

           5. About nine million moms and pregnant women will no longer receive nutritional assistance from the Department of Agriculture's Women, Infants, and Children program.

           6. The Small Business Administration will be unable to process new loans, potentially slowing new small business growth.

           7. National parks and museums will close across the country, damaging our travel and tourism industries by millions for each day the government remains shut down. (Yes, that means the Statue of Liberty is closed for business...)

           8. Head Start programs across the country will start closing, ending educational and health benefits for low-income children.

           9. Disability benefits could be interrupted, leaving vulnerable Americans without the support they rely on.

      For more info, you can read the full article here:

      http://my.barackobama.com/9-Facts-On-Government-Shutdown

      Some House Republicans might be treating this showdown like a game -- but its impacts are real for millions of Americans who are starting to feel the shutdown in their lives.

      Help get the word out -- forward this email, and share the impacts of a government shutdown with everyone who should know:

      Thanks,

      Organizing for Action

      The other side will spend millions to maintain the status quo. We're fighting for change -- chip in $5 or more to support OFA today.

            Paid for by Organizing for Action

      Contributions or gifts to Organizing for Action are not tax deductible.

      This email was sent to: x50type at cox.net.
      If that is not your preferred email address, you can update your information here. We believe that emails are a vital way to stay in direct contact with supporters. Click here if you'd like to unsubscribe from these messages.
      Organizing for Action, P.O. Box 66732 Washington, D.C. 20035