[BITList] Fwd: US employers slashing worker hours to avoidObamacare insurance mandate | World news | theguardian.com

x50type x50type at cox.net
Tue Oct 1 16:35:56 BST 2013

The article is not giving a comprehensive view of US healthcare and insurance – surprise, surprise.
It may give the impression that the kindly employer gives workers health insurance but now with the ACA that will stop – [basically to punish the foolish worker for voting for Obama who, despite what he says, doesn’t REALLY care about them].

Employer provided health insurance does not mean the employer pays the premium – far from it. The worker will have to pay 1/4 to 1/2 and this percentage rises year by year as does the deductible. the result is that, to a non-investigative reporter skimming the surface, the kind employer is providing health insurance, but digging a little deeper will in many cases reveal the insurance is almost worthless.

There are many new provisions under the ACA – pre-conditions are covered and cannot be turned down, health insurance is not job dependent [not change your job, lose your insurance].
there are 4 well defined levels of care with premiums to match. A quick glance this mornings shows a single man’s premium of $400 will be reduced to a quarter of this. This depends state by state, because some Republican controlled states are not cooperating and are refusing federal assistance, accordingly they are trying to not implement some parts of the ACA.
For example Louisiana `has a Republican governor – Payush Jindal who refuses to take federal funds to pay for healthcare costs for folks with incomes less than $20k – even though these folks would be pay a few dollars for their premium.

The republican’s say simply the ACA will increase the national debt, so we re not helping you to get health care if you can’t afford health insurance. If you don’t have health insurance – tough, not my problem!

As I have mentioned before, around 70% of US bankruptcies are due to massive healthcare bills – republicans just don’t care.

The ACA is an effort to make available affordable health care for all US citizens – is that a bad thing?

ct